0800 0685 362
0117 923 8445
0117 973 6806

Hanover Company Services, Ground Floor, One George Yard, London, EC3V 9DF, UK

Company Formation Specialists

Back to FAQCompliance and Procedure

Companies Administration, Objections And Directions

How do I notify a breach of the Companies Act?

Write to Companies House, supplying full details, together with any evidence, such as copy letterheads in the case of stationery breaches, or relevant correspondence from the company for consideration.

Can Companies House give an extension for filing the accounts?

Companies House have the authority to consider extending the filing time in exceptional circumstances, for example following a situation following and unforeseen event that was out of the company's control. Companies House require a written request for an extension, explaining the reasons for the delay and when they expect to be able to file by. The extension request must be made BEFORE the filing deadline, otherwise it cannot be considered.

What details are required on a Limited company's letterhead?

  • the Ltd company's place of registration and registered number
  • the address of its registered office
  • in the case of an investment company, the fact that it is such a company
  • in the case of a limited company exempt from the obligation to use the word "limited" in its name, the fact that it is a limited company

The above information is required on all forms of communication, e.g. letters, order forms, emails and websites.

I have registered a Limited Company, can I object to someone trading under my name?

Any disputes arising between a Limited Company and a sole trader, partnership or trading name should be dealt with by the Courts. We recommend that you take legal advice.

How do I object to the registration of a company name, which is very similar to mine?

If you become aware that a new limited company has a similar name to your limited company and you believe this to be detrimental to your business, you may write to Companies House and clearly state why.  Companies House can only accept such objections for a twelve-month period following the incorporation of the name being objected to.

Can I register my business?

No, since the Business Names Act 1916 was repealed on 26th February 1982, it is no longer necessary or possible to register a business name, and all files and records relating to previous registrations under that legislation have been destroyed.

Top Of Page

Online Company Formation